Monday, June 30, 2008

Thank you, Design Star

I admit it. I'm hooked on this season of HGTV's Design Star.

Yes, this is in spite of the fact that the contestants are (for the most part) annoying and the designs somewhat uninspiring. So why do I watch? Because this season was taped in NASHVILLE!

Finally, I'm getting a clue into where to shop in the city. It's definitely hilarious to see the posh NYC/LA designers struggle with what the rest of us have to choose from, but the good news is that I've discovered a new place that may be a great resource!

In Episode 2, Stephanie and Jennifer used their "assets" to score this amazingly gorgeous wood slab table for $500! Really. They subsequently ruined it by painting it gloss white, which caused a brief drop in the Earth's oxygen levels as everyone watching collectively gasped:


Oooh, pretty....


What? Wait! NO!!!!

Sigh.

After recovering from that trauma I became obsessed with discovering where they had found a table like that in Nashville. I searched blogs and message boards with little success then realized that, duh, the sources for all the products were listed on the HGTV Marketplace.

And that is how I discovered Southeastern Salvage.


I popped over there this weekend and was intrigued. This was obviously one of those stores that you have to stop by often, somewhat like an overstock place for furnishings and larger household objects.

They had plenty of wood tree root tables, but none as gorgeous at the one on Design Star.


Some nifty benches, if you're into that kind of design.


I fell in love with this rustic looking table (I was on a dining room table hunt that day), but it was wobbly and the store was too busy to try to track down a manager for a discount.


This pendant lamp for $70 caught my eye as well--too bad I don't have anywhere to put it!


So thanks, Design Star, for introducing me to another cool place in my own backyard!

No comments:

Post a Comment